Monday, May 19, 2014

New Brunswick Provincial Redistribution Transposition

So, in the interest of my unusual hobby of looking at/projecting/stalking elections, I looked hard online for a full transposition of the 2013 redistribution of New Brunswick's provincial electoral districts, which dropped from 55 seats to 49 seats.

The short of it is that Elections NB, while providing tonnes of maps about the new districts, does not provide transpositions for their new districts, or if they do they're not going to give them to the public. So I had to take it upon myself to do the transposition, which was, to say the least, a tad grueling, though very satisfying and fun.

I've already shared the good news with some other people, but in case any other psephologists are interested in the basic numbers for the redistribution, I've provided the percentages below - if you are interested in more concrete raw vote numbers, contact me and I'll send them over.

Also, map.



3 comments:

  1. Nice.

    I'd give this a thumbs up or retweet if said options were available in this comment box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had been working on this too (almost finished too :( )! I know of one guy who did it, but was charging for his data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, NB Politico right? I dealt with him before too, that's part of the reason why I did this. You should complete yours however, I'm sure you hit things I didn't - might be more accurate in the super-slim ridings.

      Delete